Thursday, August 23, 2012

Beholding the Glory of the Lord...


“Our destination needs to be God. Our obsession needs to be bringing people closer to Him.”
-David Sliker

"Father I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." 
-John 17:24


     The past few weeks of teachings have strengthened my inner man in many ways. I feel that my foundational roots, grounded in the knowledge of who Jesus really is, have gone deeper than they have ever reached before. Last week, and the week prior, we were given the wonderful privilege to have Stephen Venable teaching us through Christology (simply the knowledge of Christ) along with the importance of Night and Day prayer. I am privileged to say that the reality of intimacy with the Lord has become the number one focus for me. Sure, there are MANY things I have yet to work on. But, intimacy has been something I’ve been praying to be more revealed to me for over a year now. 

     The Lord has welcomed me deep into His chamber of intimacy. (I don’t want to romanticize this in causing one to think that I view the Lord as my significant other or something) But, reality is, He has called us to partner with Him as a husband calls his wife (Eph. 5:25). I mean, simply look at the Godhead in the trinity: there’s the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Father initiates conversation with the Son; the Son responds (John 5:19-24, 36.); The Holy Spirit Responds to the Son’s plea. 

     This is where my mind was blown: Jesus came down, as a Bridegroom after His Bride so that the Bride may commune alongside Him in the Godhead (John 17:24 Genesis 1). This is not to be mistaken with the thought that we have taken the place of Jesus in the Godhead. All glory is still, and has always supposed to be, given to the Lord. But, we have the beautiful invitation to partner with Him, next to Him, to hear the initiation from the Father and to respond diligently to His voice so that the Holy Spirit acts on His behalf. 

     Love and choice go hand in hand; this is why there were two trees in the garden. The Lord gives man the choice to be diligent to Him, or succumb to this world. We can either grow closer to Him, or closer to the evil, seducing desires of this world.

     With this reality intercession has taken a high priority in my life. He is literally molding my heart with a burden for what burdens His, to love what He loves and hate what He hates. I am working towards learning how to quickly respond to the eternal initiator quickly. I want to be able to see Jesus face to face and hear Him say to me, “Well done”. To be real I still have much to learn, unfortunately my flesh often gets in the way and I don’t respond to His invitation all the time. But, I am seeking out a lifestyle worthy to His calling. 

     I am honored to be part of this program and to be given the opportunity to sit at the Lord’s feet and be like Mary of Bethany (John 12). This is such an important hour in history and I am excited to be a part of the historical event Jesus is beginning to lay before us. 

Prayer Focus:
*For me to live a sojourning sacrificial lifestyle
*The He continues to reveal to me the wounds of His heart.
*Divine strategy on reaching Muslims
*Dreams and visions to be released to my team
*Dreams and visions to be released upon Muslims about the Man Jesus Christ
*Boldness/Authority in proclaiming to Gospel



Interested in Supporting my team and me in our outreach to the Middle East? There is a PayPal link to the right of this blog, or to give with a tax-deduction follow the instructions below:
To give online:
1.) go to ACTSSchool.com/donate and click on the link for online giving.
2.) on the next page, enter you email address and follow the instructions for online going. 
3.) when entering your payment amount, make sure that "Luke 18 Project" is selected as the designation. (the program I am in is under Luke 18 Project) (if Luke 18 Project is not selected, the payment will not go toward my program). Also, make sure you are making a one-time donation, not recurring) 
4. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT ONE. Once the transaction is completed, you will receive an email receipt. Please forward the receipt to 'info@actsschool.com' with my name (Conrad Brown) in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment