Sunday, August 12, 2012

"Delight yourself in the Lord..."

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.." - Psalm 37:4

Tuesday nights we are given the opportunity to go with our outreach teams and evangelize throughout Kansas City.  My team goes to a predominately Muslim community. The weeks prior to this week I personally was getting discouraged because no one cared to hear about Jesus being the One true living God. This Tuesday, however, was much different. My partner and I began praying and asking the Lord to lead us where He wanted us. After walking around the area, we saw a little girl (about 5) run toward the street and we both had a sense that we were supposed to pray for someone at that house. Sure enough, a man came toward his daughter to get her away from the road and he was on crutches (we found out he had dislocated his knee).

As we got closer to the house, we saw an Imam (Islamic leader) sitting in front of the house. (What is important to note about this particular Imam is the fact that another group the previous week spoke with this same man. He was, in a way, shut off from hearing that Jesus is more than just a prophet). We decided to walk by and pray for the Lord to give us the strength and the boldness to approach this family and pray healing over the man on crutches. 

We walked up to the family and told them we were Christians and told them we felt that we were supposed to pray healing over his leg and that Jesus would heal him. The man accepted us and even the Imam allowed us to pray over this man. I began praying and asked Jesus to reveal himself as God to the family. I asked the Spirit to dwell in his house and that they would be brought to salvation. I asked to Lord to heal the man. As I was praying heat began radiating off me. I could feel the power of the Lord working inside this man. The funny thing is that the Imam helped translate my prayer, but the man knew some english.  I stopped and asked how he was feeling and the man said, "Less pain, less pain!" He seemed enthusiastic. I told him I wanted him to test it out. He got up and used his crutches and I told him to walk on the leg we were praying over. 

The man said again, "Less pain!" I told him that because there was more pain, I wanted to contend for complete restoration. So he allowed me to pray over him once again. As I was praying my body was on fire. It felt as though someone had dipped me in hot oil. At the end I asked him what he was feeling and he said with a very concerned face, "No pain, no pain." I told him that Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God was real, that He is more than a prophet and that he healed his knee. He seemed hesitant to take the brace off, as he kept looking at the Imam. I told him that he was completely healed and that even before he went to bed he would be walking without the crutches. 

I tell this story to encourage myself and to let those who read this know that there is fruit coming out of Kansas City. Signs and Wonders are being released over the people. 

Last night I did a night watch prayer time in the Prayer Room from midnight to 6am and a group of us were praying for financial breakthrough. As we were praying, we felt the Lord telling us to find our delight in Him. I was led to Psalm 37 and meditated over is a majority of the night. We began to prophecy over one another and just spoke truth. We told each other what the Lord wanted to say. He affirmed each of us, He met us all where we were. He is so faithful! I love that we serve a God that loves to love us. When we position our hearts, He is our stronghold; He is our provider. 

I do ask that you pray with me as I still need $4,000 to be able to go into the Middle East. I want to invite everyone who reads this to prayerfully consider sowing into the hastening of the Lord's return. 

Want to help send me by sowing into world evangelism financially? Here's the tax-deductible process: 

By check: 
1.) Make checks payable to "IHOP-KC". 
2.) In the check memo, write "ACTS July 12 Missions". (PLEASE MAKE SURE NOT TO WRITE MY NAME ON THE CHECK.)
3.) Mail the check to me at:
         Conrad Brown
            c/o ACTS 
  3517 East Red Bridge Road
    Kansas City, MO 64137.

To give online:
1.) go to ACTSSchool.com/donate and click on the link for online giving.
2.) on the next page, enter you email address and follow the instructions for online going. 
3.) when entering your payment amount, make sure that "Luke 18 Project" is selected as the designation. (the program I am in is under Luke 18 Project) (if Luke 18 Project is not selected, the payment will not go toward my program). Also, make sure you are making a one-time donation, not recurring) 
4. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT ONE. Once the transaction is completed, you will receive an email receipt. Please forward the receipt to 'info@actsschool.com' with my name (Conrad Brown) in the subject line.

If you have any questions let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment